The Senior Years at Kadina Memorial School comprise Years 10 to 12. We believe Senior Years students learn best when they have effective working relationships with their teachers and peers, are challenged to achieve, are engaged in authentic learning with an articulated pathway and can make adult-world connections through their learning.
This has been further reinforced by the way students have embraced the extensive range of subjects and extra-curricular activities on offer. It is a place of Opportunity, Respect and Excellence where they learn life-long skills to become future community leaders.
Senior Years students are taught by specialist teachers across the curriculum.
The Senior Years curriculum is determined by two frameworks; the SACE (Years 11 and 12) and the Australian Curriculum Year 10.
Students who are entitled to targeted support receive that in class.
In Term 3, Senior School teachers, students and their families work together through course counselling to ensure the best academic and vocational pathway is chosen for individual students.
To view course selections please download the Curriculum Prospectus booklet. This provides detailed information on South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) requirements, our curriculum offerings
Below is a brief list of some of the opportunities available to senior students:
- KMS Student Council Captains and representatives
- Sports Day House Captains.
- School Sport success stories and being part of a team.
- STEM students competing against other schools.
- KMSC led casual days and raising money for charity
- Generations in Jazz Music Festival – KMS showcasing their talent
- Battle of the Bands
- Lead Steers and Goats at the Adelaide show
- Holiday revision seminars run by KMS staff to help Year 12’s prepare for exams
- Year 11 Australian Business Week
- Year 10 Work Experience
- School Debating
2021 Senior School Contacts
|Verity Williams||Head of Senior School|
|Megan Tucker||Year 12 Student Manager|
|Al Woods||Year 11 Student Manager|
|Nick Hadges||Year 10 Student Manager|
|Karm Kleinig||Senior School Student Wellbeing Leader|
|Erin Schneider||VET Coordinator|