Pastoral Care Workers
- Pastoral Care Workers are funded from two main sources – the National School Chaplaincy Program and the local church communities.
- Provide pastoral care in a ‘first response’ capacity to critical incidents, refer to specialist support and provide ongoing presence and follow-up
- Work closely and in partnership with leadership and other wellbeing staff in schools to provide pastoral care and practical support to students, families and staff as requested
- Are well positioned to work across the whole school to ‘build a sense of’ community, harmony and cohesion
- Are trained and equipped to provide their school with a unique dimension of social, emotional and spiritual support in line with the DfE wellbeing framework.
At Kadina Memorial School, we are fortunate to be supported by Grant Hay in this role.